Stay Connected For more Trending Information.

Men who handed themselves in over Oxford Circus mass panic released without charge.


Men who handed themselves in over Oxford Circus mass panic released without charge
The two men who handed themselves in to the police after the mass evacuation at Oxford Circus Tube station on Friday have been released without being arrested or charged.

British Transport Police is investigating if an offence was committed after panic erupted in the packed central London station.

Several people were injured in the crush, with nine being rushed to hospital. One suffered leg injuries.

Armed police raced to the scene after reports to 999 that shots had been fired in the station.
Men who handed themselves in over Oxford Circus mass panic released without charge

Two men, aged 21 and 40, were questioned on Saturday after they voluntarily attended a police station following a media appeal.


BTP had said the incident was thought to have been sparked by a fight between the two men on the platform.

A spokeswoman for the force said on Sunday: ‘There are no criminal proceedings against them. They have not been arrested or charged.’

Officers continue to trawl through CCTV footage and interview witnesses in an attempt to make sense of what happened. However, no further suspects are being sought.


The incident sparked panic in the station, which was packed with rush-hour commuters and Black Friday shoppers.

Around 90 minutes after responding, police said there was no evidence of any shots, casualties or suspects.

The station was then reopened, cordons removed and the area returned to normal.


Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

ET Viewers Comment Here