Stay Connected For more Trending Information.

Four Family Members Perish In Fire Outbreak.

As many as four members of the same family have perished tragically after a fire broke out at night in a Kano State community.

No less than four persons from a family of five, Thursday, lost their lives, during a fire outbreak, which engulfed some residential buildings in Tudun Murtala quarters in Nasarrawa Local Government Area of Kano State, The Nation reports.
In a similar fire incident, this time on Ijebu/Court Road, Sabon Gari, caused by power surge, about five persons suffered varying degree of injuries in the area, predominantly occupied by the non-indigenous community.
The fire incident at Tudun Murtala, erupted from a compound, where petrol was stored, which spread to the adjoining buildings in clusters, where the four, out of a family of five were roasted to death.
Among the injured, include a fire officer, who was part of the team battling the inferno, while the other victim from the ill-fated family was severely burnt.
According to an eyewitness account, the fire, this started at about 10 pm, to midnight, continued to rage, following the storage of petrol and engine oil in the said building, which affected about four apartments.
Volunteers, who first rushed to the scene, battled the fire, with sand, as an alternative measure, due to the unavailability of water in the area before the arrival of fire fighters.
However, it was further learnt that the timely arrival of fire fighters, saved the fire from spreading to other areas, as they succeeded in bringing the fire under control.
The Director, Kano State Fire Service, Mustapha Mohammed Rilwan, who confirmed the incident, said one of his officers, suffered severe burns, while others, who were also injured were rushed to the hospital for treatment.
Rilwan, however warned those in the habit of storing petrol in their homes to desist from such a dangerous practice, adding that a stitch in time saves nine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ET Viewers Comment Here