Contact us; [email protected] or 08065348704

31-year-old Man Trying to Separate a Fight Beaten to Death in Ogun State.

A 31-year-old man, Yinka Adewoyin, has been beaten to death while trying to make peace between two men during a scuffle.  The Nation reported that the sad incident took place penultimate Thursday at sunrise in the Agosi area of Ifo in Ogun state.
The report stated that Adewoyin was returning from a beer joint with some of his friends when they sighted two men identified as Kazeem aka Down gear and Mopo brutalising an elderly mechanic called Mukaila Lasisi.
Kazeem was said to have reprimanded Lasisi for working on a truck parked along the road. He was said to have ordered the removal of the truck from the road, a request Lasisi turned down on the grounds that he was not the owner of the vehicle.
Lasisi’s response allegedly irked Kazeem, who in a fit of fury pounced on Lasisi and beat him up. It was at this junction that Adewoyin, who was passing by intervened and pleaded with Kazeem and his friend, Mopo to leave Lasisi alone.
The duo however queried Adewoyin’s audacity to intervene and beat him mercilessly till he fell down, hit his head on the ground and passed into a coma. His assailants allegedly bolted while Adewoyin was taken to a nearby private hospital by bystanders.
He was said to have died at the undisclosed hospital three days after he was admitted.
An eyewitness who asked not to be named, said: ‘’It was an unfortunate incident. I was the one who reported the incident at the nearest police station. I later led some policemen to Kazeem’s shop in order to arrest him, but he was nowhere to be found. When we called his mobile telephone number, he said he has travelled to Kaduna. When he was asked to report to the station because of the man he beat to death, he cut off the conversation and hung up.”
The deceased was described by one of his former trainees, Tosin, as humble and respectful. He said: “Throughout my stay with him as apprentice, he did not fight with anyone. I was therefore shocked when I was told on the telephone that he was killed during a scuffle.”
Police spokesman, Abimbola Oyeyemi was not reachable on his mobile telephone line at press time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ET Viewers Comment Here