Contact us; [email protected] or 08065348704

Lady Gaga’s engagement to fiance, Christian Carino crashes.

 
Popular singer, Lady Gaga has ended her engagement with talent agent fiance, Christian Carino.

The two years engagement was said to have crashed before Valentine’s day celebration.

Sources confirmed Gaga’s split to People magazine saying “It just didn’t work out. Relationships sometimes end.

“The pair split a bit ago.There’s no long dramatic story.”

The singer first sparked split rumours when she attended the Grammys without Carino or wore her engagement ring.

She also failed to mention him during an acceptance speech after her song ‘Shallow’ won a Grammy on Feb. 10, adding more fuel to the fire that the couple had gone their separate ways.
Share:

Nigeria’s Election: Prosecute, Don’t kill Nigerians – Ben Bruce tells military.

 
Ahead of the 2019 presidential election, Ben Murray-Bruce, the Senator representing Bayelsa East has warned politicians against shedding blood of Nigerians.

Bruce on Tuesday urged the military and other security agencies to protect Nigerians and prosecute offenders rather than shed blood.

The Bayelsa lawmaker, on his Twitter page, said this in reference to statement by President Muhammadu Buhari ordering the military to ‘kill’ any ballot box snatcher.

According to him, the Armed forces must realize that “they are protectors of Nigerians.”

Bruce wrote: “Nobody’s political ambition is worth the blood of any citizen. Nobody at all. We must direct the armed forces to realize that they are the protectors of the Nigerian people.

“Under no circumstances must they kill, maim, or injure the Nigerian people. Prosecute instead of killing.”


Share:

Zainab needs N925,000 for corrective surgery.

 *
Twenty-year-old student of Kwara State Polytechnic, Miss Zainab Idris, is in dire need of N925,000 for corrective surgery on her two legs, according to the Medical Report signed by Dr. Izuagba E.B of the National Orthopaedic Hospital, Igbobi, Lagos.

The medical report indicated that the operation would correct her gradual deformity with Ilizarov device and ensure corrective osteotomy (the surgical cutting of a bone, especially to allow realignment).

Zainab’s mother, Mrs. Adenike Idris, who came to The Guardian recently to solicit public support, said the travail began when Zainab was 11 days old.

She said: “My daughter started crying at about 1:00a.m. that particular night. She could not suck and refused to sleep. We went to the hospital and after series of tests, she was given some drugs. She remained restless and the pains persisted.

“Since then, we’ve been in and out of the hospital. The legs weren’t so bad when she was young but as she grew older, they became more deformed and painful. I have spent all I had. I am a widow and I still pay her school fees and that of her siblings, all alone.

“I received a call from her school that I should come and pick my daughter home. The management said she should not be allowed to return until she’s fine because of her screams.”

Narrating her ordeal, Zainab said: “I am always in pains, especially when I trek to school and return. This has affected my concentration in school. I can’t carry out house chores like other children. I get bullied because of the way I walk. Please, I want kind-hearted Nigerians to help me.”

Her details are: Idris Zainab, GTBank 0236790918. Or call 07015677712.
Share:

APC Is In Total Control Of INEC, El-Rufai & Zakari In Charge Of ICT - PDP.


The Peoples’ Democratic Party, PDP, has accused the All Progressives Congress, APC, of being in total control of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.

It also claimed that Kaduna State governor, Nasir El-Rufai and Amina Zakari are in charge of the Information and Communication Technology, ICT, of the electoral body.

National chairman of the PDP, Uche Secondus, made this claim on Tuesday during PDP’s emergency National Executive Council, NEC, meeting in Abuja.

He was reacting to the allegation by the APC national chairman, Adams Oshiomhole, on Monday that INEC informed the PDP before postponing the presidential and National Assembly elections earlier scheduled to hold on February 16.

He said, “Since last Saturday they have been talking and making claims, they even accused INEC of telling us before postponing the election. All they have been saying is they are not aware, they don’t know but I dare to say that the government is in totally in control of INEC.

“This government appointed one of the vendors who is from the Villa and the other is from Niger State and they are members of APC.

“The ICT of INEC is totally controlled by El-Rufai and Amina Zakari, so I don’t see how they will turn around overnight. But maybe it’s part of their plans to win, but Nigerians know the facts. This government is in control of INEC.”

Speaking at the event, Senate President and Director PDP Presidential Campaign Council, Bukola Saraki, stated, that Nigerians accepted the opposition party because they have become tired of “unemployment and poverty”.

“Nigerians are tired of insecurity, unemployment and poverty. Nobody wants to be insecure, unemployed or poor. This is why our message has resonated across the country.”

He then called on Nigerians to come out to vote during the rescheduled elections on Saturday, saying “We have four more days to go. I want to appeal to Nigerians, do not let them frustrate you. When there is a low turnout, they can rig, but if you come out to vote, they cannot.

“When you come out to vote on Saturday, do you want a Nigeria that that adheres to the rule of law, or do you want a Nigeria that is governed by jungle justice?

“On Saturday, when you come out to vote, vote for Nigeria.”
Share:

High court scathing after magistrate allows lawyer to write a judgment in her favour.

 The high court in Mathatha has found that the late magistrate Linda Vowana committed a gross misconduct by allowing lawyer Zukiswa Ponoane to rewrite his judgment in favour of her clients.
Courts generally deal with precedents without fanfare, but one in which a magistrate allowed a lawyer to write a judgment in her favour has gotten judges in the Eastern Cape hot under the collar.

The high court in Mathatha this month overturned magistrate Linda Vowana’s ruling in which he ordered the police minister to pay damages to six people who sued for unlawful arrest and detention.

The appalled judges said: "The misconduct which culminated in this review, to the best of our knowledge, is unprecedented in the annals of the judiciary in this country. We hope it will never be repeated by any judicial officer."

The six people had been arrested in Silindeni, in Sterkspruit, and detained in connection with mob justice in the area. An elderly woman had been raped and killed in her shack and a group of residents attacked and burned down the home of person suspected of the crimes.

The six then sued the police minister and they hired lawyer Zukiswa Ponoane to represent them.

According to court papers, in November 2012, Vowana – who has since died – prepared a four-page draft judgment and faxed a copy of the unsigned document to Ponoane. They then discussed the judgment telephonically. Counsel for police minister told the court that during the telephone conversation, Vowana and Ponoane reached an agreement that she should rewrite the draft judgment.

Vowana did not send the document to the minister’s lawyer and was kept in the dark about Ponoane having to rewrite it. Four days later, Ponoane faxed the rewritten draft to the magistrate. It was now 10 pages long "with significant amendments and additions effected to the draft".

Vowana signed the judgment and faxed it back to Ponoane. The minister’s lawyer had to collect a copy of the judgment from the clerk of the court.

The "gross irregularity" was only picked up in 2013 when Ponoane demanded the payment of the damages award. Vowana was then reported to the police in Sterkspruit. In his statement to the police, Vowana did not deny allowing Ponoane to tweak the judgment.

"I wish to add that my judgment was in favour of Mrs Ponoane or the plaintiffs," Vowana told the police.

"Later on, I am not sure about the date, Mrs Ponoane phoned me, she also raised the format in which my judgment was written. She further informed me that there was a better format that she had seen from a certain advocate with whom she handled another matter.

"Mrs Ponoane and myself agreed that she was to rewrite my judgment, meaning the same judgment I already gave her, in the same manner she had seen without altering the content of my judgment. There was no favour or benefit of any kind to anybody in the process."

But the high court said the judgment was rewritten from four pages to 10 and that Vowana had failed to explain the discrepancy. The only signed judgment found in the court file was the 10-page one which had "admittedly been rewritten by [Ponoane]".

"With these scandalous anomalies not having been explained, we are unable to accept the innocence with which this behaviour is sought to be deceptively imbued," judges Thembile Malusi and Mbulelo Jolwana said.

"On [Vowana and Ponoane’s] own showing, it is clear that there was improper conduct on the part of the magistrate who got the [the lawyer] involved in his work, all without the knowledge of the [minister]."

The judges were not impressed with Vowana and Ponoane’s explanation. They also expressed their displeasure at Vowana’s failure to explain his odd behaviour.

"The conduct of the magistrate is utterly unacceptable as he is not an ordinary litigant. This court was confronted with the unedifying spectacle of a magistrate deposing a confirmatory affidavit when it is his judgment that was at issue in the review," the judges said.

"Instead, [Ponoane] deposed the answering affidavit . Our view that the magistrate had compromised his independence and impartiality was bolstered by the fact that both [Vowana and Ponoane] were represented by the same firm of…attorneys…and the same counsel. A comparison of the draft and the judgment indicates that the judgment was predominantly in [Ponoane’s] words."

The judges added: "It is an act of inherent intellectual dishonesty at best and at worst downright fraudulent to have one person decide what order to give and thereafter have another person make up the reasons for the order post facto."

The court overturned the ruling and ordered that the matter be heard by another magistrate. It also referred  Ponoane’s conduct to the legal practice council for investigation and slapped her with the legal bill.
Share:

Man Lands In Trouble After Inserting Fingers Into Girl’s Private Part In Lagos.

Image result for finger gif
The police at Ejigbo Division led by CSP Olabisi Okwuobi, have arrested a middle age man, one Christian Thomas, who reportedly specialized in putting fingers into young girls private parts in Lagos.

It was gathered that many young girls’ private parts have reportedly been tampered by the suspect, who was said to be deriving pleasure from ‘fingering’ the victims in the neighbourhood. The motivation for the suspect to be doing so was what his neighbours wondered about for the conduct on the little girls.

According to their neighbours at the police station, young girls in the neighbourhood had complained for sometime on how he indecently assaulted them by putting finger into their private parts before he was eventually arrested.

His atrocious act got exposed when he did the same thing to a 7-year old girl who detested his conduct on her and told her parents what happened.

The parents then reported the matter to the police; Thomas was arrested and detained at the police station for interrogation.

During interrogation, the suspects denied but the victims nailed him as they informed the police how Thomas had pulled their pants and inserted his fingers into their private parts.

When P.M Express correspondent visited the police station, the DPO was not on seat to speak on the matter but the suspect was seen detained inside the police cell awaiting the next action by the police.

A police source who confirmed the incident said that the suspect will be charged to court after the conclusion of the investigation. It was learnt that the suspect may be charged for indecent assault because there was no evidence to show that he penetrated the victims before the police.
Share:

Police arrest 26-year-old in Imo for alleged murder.

Image result for Police arrest 26-year-old in Imo for alleged murder.
The Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the Imo State Police Command has arrested a 26-year-old man, Chijioke Ukaeje, for alleged murder.

Ukaeje, aka Pufflin, hails from Umuduru in the Isiala Mbano Local Government Area of Imo State, but resides at No. 7 Nekede Road, Owerri.

Parading the suspect and others, the Commissioner of Police in the state, Dasuki Galadanchi, said Ukaeje was arrested by the SARS operatives along the Old Stadium Road by Tetlow in the state capital.

According to the CP, the suspect confessed that he was responsible for the kidnap and murder of one King Joe, a hairstylist.

Galadanchi said, “On December 13, 2018, the operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the command arrested the suspect on the Old Stadium Road by Tetlow, Owerri.

“The suspect, who has made useful statements to the police and confessed to the crime, stated that the victim was killed because of secret cult rivalry, as according to him, the victim belonged to Baggas, while he is of the Ayes confraternity.”

The CP said some youths in the state had abused cultism, adding that the founders of the confraternities did not envisage that they would turn to platforms for killing people.
Share:

Clearing agent in court for collecting N1.9m under false pretence.

Related image
A 50-year-old clearing agent, Adeolu Fagbemi, was on Tuesday arraigned before an Apapa Magistrates’ Court for allegedly collecting N1.9 million under false pretence at Tin Can Island, Apapa.

Fagbemi, who lives in Ikotun, is facing a one-count charge of false pretence.

Police prosecutor, Sergeant Adeniyi Balogun told the court that the defendant committed the offence on November 6, 2018 at Tin Can Island, Apapa.

“The defendant obtained the sum of N1.9 million from one Mr Taofeek Adekunle Rasaq with the pretence to clear container number CAIU 947996 containing four vehicles from Ports & Cargo Terminal, a representation he knows to be false,” Balogun said.

According to him, the offence is punishable under section 314 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State of Nigeria 2015.

The defendant pleaded not guilty to the charge against him.

In her ruling, Magistrate Joy Ugbomoiko granted the defendant bail in the sum of N100,000 with two responsible sureties in like sum.

The sureties, according to the Magistrate, must furnish the court with proof of tax payment to the Lagos State Government.

She adjourned the case till March 26, 2019 for mention.
Share:

IPOB searches for bodies of members allegedly killed in Imo.


Following the reported clash between the police in Imo state and the members of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, the group has pleaded to the Imo state commissioner of police, Dazuki Galadanchi, to come out clear on the whereabouts of the bodies of their members said to have been killed in the incident.

Southeast Voice in Owerri, monitored the development where the counsel to IPOB, Ifeanyi Ejiofor, claimed that the police killed five of their members during the clash and arrested about 15 of them, an allegation the Imo State Police Public Relation Officer, PPRO, Orlando Ikeokwu, has refused to debunk even at the time of filing this report.

Despite chains of text messages sent to his cell phone, Orlando had turned deaf ear to giving the police side of the story on the claim by IPOB, that five of their members were shot dead scores injured and about 15 injured.

Counsel to the IPOB, Ifeanyi Ejiofor, told Southeast Voice that all they needed were the lifeless bodies of their members. He accused the police of taking away the bodies of the said members to an unknown destination.

Ejiofor said: “We have a confirmed report that some members of IPOB were killed by the police of the anti-robbery squad in Imo state.

“Also many were arrested on account we cannot explain. We saw it as a serious case of police brutality and violation of the fundamental rights of people who are merely working around.

“There is no reason why they should be arrested talkless of being killed. In the manner they are being killed. We learnt they also took away their corpse. What it means is that after killing them they made away with their corpses.

“The number of injured are many but we will take appropriate action to compel them for their production of the dead bodies. Also, the release of those arrested.”

Answering a question on why their members were still out at that time of the night, he said: “They killed about five persons and arrested about 15 of them. They were not on any mission. They had a peaceful rally and at the end, they disembarked. They were on their way home when they were attacked. They have not in their movement constituted any form of threat to anybody.”

Share:

Fire razes building in Kano.

 *
The Kano State Fire Service said on Tuesday evening that fire had razed the entire last floor of a three-storey building at No.1 Warri Road in Sabon Gari, Kano.

Spokesman of the service, Alhaji Saidu Mohammed, who confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) said the fire started at about 04:40 p.m.

“We received a distress call from Sabon Gari Market Division this evening (Tuesday) from one Sadiq Hashim at about 04:40 p.m. that there was a fire outbreak at a dwelling house.

“Upon receiving the information, we quickly sent a fire vehicle to the scene at about 04:45 p.m., to bring the situation under control,’’ he said.

He said the inferno affected seven bedrooms, three sitting rooms, four toilets and two kitchens in the residential building.

He added that the cause of the fire was still being investigated.
Share: